Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Kam

Kam Catching
We’re finally coming to the end of our missions trip in the Dominican Republic. The first two days here went by very slowly, but now it feels like we just got here yesterday. Ironically thats been one of our topics. Time flies and its as if we were born yesterday and then we’re going to die tomorrow. I’m so blessed to have been able to come here and experience this culture filled with joy and happiness even though they might be less privileged than others. They are all very welcoming and open to learning and listening to what we have to say. Especially when it comes to baseball! I'm thrilled that I had the privilege to play baseball against the kids down here and see their skill and talent. You can immediately see how much they want to make it in the MLB, and they definitely have the talent. It shows how much harder I’ll have to work as well as everyone else that wants to make it far in baseball. 

This has been such a humbling experience for me and has truly opened my eyes and softened my heart to see how privileged  I really am yet I still want more. I already cant wait to come here again next year! Several kids came to Christ this week sharing one thing that we all have a great passion for, and thats baseball. Im overjoyed that we gained many new brothers in Christ this week and I know that God is going to do great works in the lives of his children, even if it isn't making it to the big leagues. Another thing that impressed me so much was how grateful all of the kids were just for a baseball. A few of us gave away our shoes, and they switched them out for their flip flops right away. The satisfaction by giving to these people is far better than anything I’ve experienced. After experiencing the lifestyle of this culture I now realize how little the pictures do. I’m sure that if you come to the DR the kindness of these people will steel your heart as they did mine.

Kam






Kam & Kyle


No comments:

Post a Comment