Monday, November 9, 2015









Today was the hump day of our trip and I have enjoyed every moment of it.  This day was one of the coolest days of the trip.  First, we started by traveling to the grocery store to buy some staple foods and bag them.  The second stop was a school where we played basketball and threw some batting practice for the kids there.  There we shared the gospel to everyone and passed out the bags of food.  During our second stop, we played a game of wiffle ball with more village kids.  The talent there was incredible.  Kids from ages 6-12 had the intelligence of a 14-17 year old when playing the game.  The furthest hit was by an 11 yr old!  These kids were turning double plays and lining up throws with ease.  In the end, I was able to tell them a little about Jesus when they asked for my cross necklace and I had to decline.  Although I couldn't speak much spanish they were nodding their heads and understood what I was saying.  I will always remember this day as a blessed one. Not only for them but for me as well.
- Kiernan

I arrived in the Dominican Republic for the fist time four days ago, and its been some of the best days of my life.  The first thing I noticed is how the driving is slightly different.  For one, some of the people like to drive on the opposite side of the road.  Secondly, no one really cares about red lights.  The last thing, is that the people will find ways to fit their vehicles into spot that you never even thought was possible.  Also, nobody here is shy.  You can walk up to anyone and they will give you a high-five, unlike in America, where they would go and hide behind their mom.  Being down here will really make you thankful for what you have, like hot water, clean water, water pressure and good plumbing.  My time here has really opened my eyes and drawn me closer to the Lord.  
- Lane


Love. Hate. Joy. Fear. These are all things that we as humans experience throughout life. Our group here may be from America and we may not speak spanish, but we can connect with the people here because we are human. We feel the same emotions as any one else. That is how we can connect with these kids and adults. All these people need to hear about love of Christ. I thank all who are praying for us and I hope that when we come back we will have great stories to tell. May the light of Jesus be spread. Amen.

-Mason
   



No comments:

Post a Comment