Friday, November 6, 2015


So thankful and full of joy to be here with my family serving the people of the Dominican Republic! Thus far, we’ve been able to share lots of love with the people here, and we’ve shared many laughs together. We’ve provided food with water to baseball players of every age…a simple act of Christ’s Love. We’ve played competitive baseball…a common passion between us all. We’ve visited the precious children at a Christian School…providing support, smiles, hugs and high-five’s. We’ve made gift bags for the missionaries here in the DR. Most importantly, the gospel message of Jesus Christ is being poured out to the DR people, along with Bibles in their language. Today, I also had the chance to cradle and play with a 4-month old baby girl. She was so beautiful! She smiled and cuddled and melted my heart. I prayed that her heart will be tendered to God’s Word as she grows. I prayed that her little ears will hear God’s Truth. As she feel asleep on my shoulder, it was a sweet reminder of how amazing creation is…a sweet reminder of ALL of God’s people…a sweet reminder that God created us all and cares about us all. I can’t wait for the days to come! I can’t wait to feed the villages, I can’t wait to visit the orphans, I can’t wait to go to the other places in the DR to share the gospel message of Hope and Love! Jesus is Lord! He is King! I’m humbled to be used as His servant.


Shannon Kilchrist

No comments:

Post a Comment