Tuesday, November 11, 2014

James




Many Dominicans don't have gloves and share with each other!



Hey everyone.  

I just wanted to share a little bit about my experience here in the Dominican republic.  To start off, I’ve had a wonderful time here.  It has been a lot of fun playing baseball and helping kids learn about baseball.  The first two days we had a chance to play four games against Dominican baseball teams.  It really is eye opening to see how Dominicans play the game.  They play baseball so differently than we do in America.  It’s a different culture and a different philosophy about the game.  

Although baseball is an amazing sport and something that the Dominicans are very passionate about, there is something that is far more important.  Jesus Christ came to save me and he came to save the kids we are working with.  He loves them, He wants them, and I have thoroughly enjoyed telling them so.  After all four of our games, we shared the gospel with the players.  After our clinics, we have testimonies and share the gospel with everyone there.  


For me personally, I feel special to be apart of something so small, yet so great.  We had a chance to go and bring a small village food.  This particular village was a Haitian village that lives here in the Dominican.  It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done.  These people don’t have running water, most children don’t have shoes or a shirt, they hardly have any food.  It was a blessing to go there and hang out with these people and bring them food and the gospel.  




What I have loved most about this trip is everywhere we go, everything we do, we bring Christ and the gospel.  We use these activities to show them the love of God.  I have nearly resorted to tears several times just seeing how little these people have and how content and grateful they are.  At one of our games, a kid missed a fly ball and was taken out of the game.  He then took his baseball pants off and gave them to another player next to him and the player entered the game.  After that I noticed how many of these Dominicans don’t have baseball pants, or cleats, or gloves, or bats.  If I ever get a chance to come back, I want to bring more baseball related gear to give away.  I hope I never take what I have for granted again.  Even though they have so little, they have something so great and that is Jesus Christ.  I have personally witnessed many Dominicans come to Christ this week and I hope to see many more.  


James



No comments:

Post a Comment