Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 1 Update - Loy


Thanks to a great night’s sleep at the Score International Complex I woke up refreshed and excited for our first official day in the Dominican Republic. The great night’s sleep I experienced was partially due to the fact that Score has great beds, but single most contributing factor was that both of my roommates were across the hall singing Taylor Swift songs until deep in the night. So I slept in complete solitude.

Putting all unnerving and slightly fruity realizations aside, we had a great first day. The team woke up from breakfast around 8 AM. The mails have met my expectations, and I’m sure my teammates feel the same. After breakfast we attended a church service at the Score complex hosted by a local church plant. Despite it being mostly in Spanish, I thought it was great! We sang songs with the congregation, and then broke off into Bible study groups. There was an English group (thank goodness!) that we all attended.


After church we had a little downtime, and then headed out to our very first practice. We were fortunate to be able to use the Highland complex, which is one of the best complexes in the Dominican Republic. We looked surprisingly well as a team considering most of us have never played with each other before. For those of you that don’t know, I am a junior in college, and the most senior player on the team. The good news is that I still have a fraction of the baseball skills I once had in high school, and hopefully won’t be deadweight to the team.




I’ll stop writing now because I was told to write a “short summary” of our day. Thanks everyone for your prayers, and continue praying for a successful week for the 2010 HWSA missions team. My could use some prayers. 

In Christ,

Loy


No comments:

Post a Comment